Current Job Openings
Software Engineering Manager
- Close Date
- 31 Dec 2018
Who We Are: CineMassive is an industry leader in providing high-performance visualization and collaboration systems for mission critical environments. Our hardware and software are designed and developed in-house, giving us the ultimate flexibility to provide optimal products for our customers’ needs. We’re trusted by every branch of the US Armed Services, leading research universities, and Fortune 500 companies. Established in 2005 and privately owned and funded, working at CineMassive combines the best of a growing tech company and a mature, established firm.
About the Role: The Software Engineering Manager for the QA and DevOps team will be a senior member of the development team and play a lead role in the software release cycle, ensuring that every release is thoroughly tested for both security and reliability. The SEM will lead a growing team of test engineers as well as third party contractors to do everything from basic manual QA to fully automated testing involving both hardware and software. This individual will implement technical development best practices and promote efficiency across the team.
The right person for this role is a passionate technical team leader focused on developing high quality products. She is highly organized and possesses exceptional prioritization and delegation skills. She is also well versed in agile software development practices and has a solid computer technology background. This individual is highly focused on driving product success with our demanding customer base.
- Implement and manage best practices for hardware and software QA
- Manage QA team of engineers, coaching individual and team performance
- Coordinate with internal support team to address product defects, applying development resources where appropriate
- Address risks or issues impeding software release schedule
- Establish and uphold quality, security, and reliability standards for CineMassive technology
- Coordinate with various organizations to ensure CineMassive technology remains conformant to DoD and other third party security standards
All applicants are expected to possess the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years of experience in QA, Dev Ops or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to write and implement both manual and automated test plans
- Some experience with computer hardware (comfortable taking apart and building PC’s)
- Significant experience managing technical staff
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT and agile software development
- Direct experience with one or more quality management frameworks
- Highly organized and skilled at establishing and enforcing processes
- This role is not eligible for full time telecommute, though some work from home days are possible
Why Work at CineMassive? CineMassive is a small, cohesive group that provides exceptional products to a loyal and diverse client-base. We’re a group of people who enjoy working together as well as with our awesome technology. We support professional growth and a comfortable work/life balance. Team members enjoy competitive compensation with full benefits, flexible schedules, ergonomic working stations, and other perks. Our relaxed but inspiring office is nested in Atlanta’s flourishing Armour Yards, right across the street from SweetWater Brewery and directly adjacent to Fox Brother’s BBQ.
How to Apply: To apply for the role of Software Engineering Manager at CineMassive, submit your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the role and company. Please note, cover letters are required for application consideration.
CineMassive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other protected status.